Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Day in the Life...

I thought it would be fun to document a day in the life of what it is like for me being at home right now.  Soon enough, it will be back to reality, so I wanted to document what a typical day is like.  I decided to document this past Tuesday.  The main reason I chose Tuesday is because I have a love hate relationship with Tuesdays.  I am always at home on Tuesdays and I am sometimes really happen about that and sometimes super sad about the fact that I do not have a place to go to on a daily basis.  What a shame, right?

Rise and shine at 7:13 am.  You can tell by my screenshot that I shamefully enjoy playing Candy Crush and other like games.  

Coffee is the most important part of my morning.  I absolutely love my Keurig 2.0!

Theodore was my buddy while I was enjoying my coffee.

Ken was at home with me in the morning because he had an early morning conference call.  The best part about the call was when Kya knew he was on the phone and started howling at the back door.  A girl has got to have attention, you know?

She got her way and decided to go back to bed for a bit.

While I enjoy my coffee, I usually watch the Today Show.  I absolutely adore Matt Lauer.  On Tuesday I happened to notice there was some purple on the plaza that looked quite familiar.

It was March for Babies day on the Plaza!  Don't forget about March for Babies Kansas City on May 1st!

Around 8:30, I took on the never ending task of laundry.  Laundry seems to be a fact of life kind of like paying taxes and dying.  

After all the fun I had folding laundry, I got dressed for a run.  It was in the 50's at the time, which means I had a partner join me.

Kya is very patiently waiting on me to put her harness on her.  She was so excited to go for a run!

After our run, Kya decided to celebrate.  Who doesn't sprint laps after running???

While Kya was celebrating, Angel was playing with mice and Theodore was taking a nap.  They obviously suffer a great deal.  

While all the hooligans were busy, I did home work and watched Grey's Anatomy reruns.  I had to work on a disaster nursing project via the American Red Cross.  


After my exciting disaster stuff, I did a little research for our upcoming vacation.  I am oh so excited about it!


To end our day alone, Kya and I went for a walk.  A run and a walk in the same day makes for a very spoiled husky!


Ken got home around 6:00 and we left to run a few errands.  We stopped at Martin City Brewery for a little dinner and a drink.

Fire, beer, and a pizza on the way is not a bad Tuesday night!

It was then off to bed to watch Friends on Nick at Nite.  Can you guess what episode this is?  


That is a basic Tuesday for me!  I enjoyed this Tuesday more than others because the weather was nice enough for Kya and me to get out and about.  The only thing I missed doing that she and I usually do is walk  to Starbucks.  :)  All and all, it was a nice little Tuesday.  I am sure I will miss these days once I am working full time again.  

Have a good week!



No comments: