Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Celebrating Katie's Birthday...

On Saturday we spent the day celebrating our wonderful friend Katie's birthday!  She wanted to go to Union Station for the Uncorked Wine Event.  This was the first year for the event, but the March of Dimes used to put on a Winefest and this event was very similar.  I will say that the March of Dimes event was much better and I am not just saying that because I know the people at March of Dimes.  :)

Nonetheless, we had a great time at the event.  Ken chose to drink only rose wine, which was kind of difficult to come by.  All too soon it will be nothing but rose season at our house.

The birthday girl and her man.  

Ken and I had a good laugh about this picture. I usually do not notice our height difference, but it was in full force on Saturday!

Katie and me. We both liked the New House wine the best.  It is definitely what we like to call a Porch Pounder!

After a few hours of drinking wine, we made our way to the Melting Pot for dinner.  Mike and Katie had never been and Ken swore he would never go back, ha!  

My delicious raspberry-lemon martini

Katie and Mike red-faced from the steam.

Happy after eating our weight in fondue.  I consider it practice for the fondue eating in Switzerland!  You have to train for those sorts of things, you know?

Happy Birthday Katie!

No comments: