Sunday, June 28, 2015

Arizona Trip: Biltmore Time!

Every moment after I made our reservations at the Arizona Biltmore, all I could think about was laying by the pool with a pina colada in hand.  

We woke up our first morning after a wonderful night sleep and slowly made our way to the pool. We ordered lunch, pina coladas and did not move until after 5:00 pm.  Six hours of lounging by the pool was just what we needed.

This was the best pina colada I had ever had in my life!

I had so much fun floating around on this raft and drinking my pina coladas!

At some point I switched over to mojitos, which were just as tasty as the pina coladas.


We ended our first day of relaxing with room service in our room and watching a movie.  It was the most relaxing day I have had in a very long time.

Our second full day, Ken's former boss picked us up and took us to lunch.  We enjoyed lunch and wine while spending the afternoon with her.  

When we arrived back to the hotel, there was a surprising thunderstorm that happened and we got to see a rainbow.

The beautiful grounds of the Arizona Biltmore

A peek at the rainbow

We ended up having a wonderful dinner, complete with table-side smores.  They were absolutely delicious!

Table-side s'mores.  Be still my beating heart.


On Friday we woke up and packed our bags.  We did not have to check out until 2:00 pm, so we decided to head down to the pool for a little more pool time.

We sat under our umbrella while it began to rain.  It was very relaxing.

One final yummy pina colada at the pool.

Relaxed and ready to head back to the real world!

We had the best time lounging around the Biltmore.  Between school, Ken's work schedule, and of course the hike, we were pretty worn out.  I am grateful for the time spent with Ken in such a beautiful place.  Thanks for the wonderful vacation Ken!









1 comment:

Anny said...

You must have a great holiday.