Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mexico

Well, nursing school has officially began and I am no longer working, so what better time to update my blog with things that happened back in November?

Our friends Mike and Katie invited us to go to Mexico with them back in November.  A week on the beach with two wonderful friends?  Yes please!

The boat that we knew as the "Mystica"

Ken enjoyed hanging out in the private cabanas we had access to.

We spent the entire week relaxing and drinking far too many pina coladas.  My birthday also fell during the week of our trip and there is no better way to celebrate than being in Mexico with wonderful friends!





These three hung out in the cabanas while I had to go back to our room to work on homework.  Homework in Mexico does beat homework in Kansas City any day!

One of our favorite things to do is watch the sunset and the cruise ships leaving Cozumel.

Mike made friends with this guy.  We named him Ricky.


On my birthday, there were several attempts made to get a picture of Ken and me.  I am sorry to say that the below is the best we could get.  This includes the pictures that Mike took of us too.  

Happy Birthday to me???

We ventured into Play del Carmen to shop around and have lunch and cocktails.  I can honestly say that this will be the last time we will ever do that.  I can no longer handle the harassment and it seems to have gotten worse since the last time we visited.  

The water is quite beautiful in Playa.



We enjoyed having cocktails and watching 90's music videos at this bar. 

Ken and I ended up splitting the world's largest mango margarita at a cute little restaurant.

Margarita smiles!

We always have a great time with Mike and Katie.  Who knows what our next adventure will be?  Maybe a European vacation?  It does not seem to matter, these two always make us laugh.



1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like a blast! How's nursing school treating you??